- General medical registration
- Employment in an accredited Advanced Training position in Cardiology
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians for further information in relation to selection into the training program
Total Training Time
6 years (full-time)
Basic Paediatric and Child Health: 36 months (full-time)
- Minimum 24 months (full-time) core training (including a minimum of nine months general paediatric medicine, three months paediatric emergency medicine, three months neonatology in a perinatal unit, and three months in a paediatric medical speciality) minimum nine months (full-time) at a Level 3 Teaching Hospital
- Maximum 12 months (full-time) non-core training
Advanced Training: 36 months (full-time) core training
How to apply for a specialist training position in Cardiology (Paediatrics)
Advanced Training in Cardiology (Paediatrics) is offered through a centralised recruitment process. This is a statewide process and is supported by the Cardiology Directors of the Queensland tertiary hospitals and advanced training accredited positions. Applicants must complete their Queensland Health Preferencing through the Resident Medical Officer (RMO) campaign.
Get your guide to help map your Cardiology (Paediatrics) training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Cardiology (Paediatrics), please contact us.