More pages in this section
Partnership with Health Services
The Northern Queensland Regional Training Hubs network works to strengthen medical specialist training.
We are integrated within our partner North Queensland Regional hospitals and James Cook University:
We are embedded with rural health services and James Cook University:
- In dedicated Centres for Rural and Remote Health in the communities of Mount Isa and Emerald
- Partnering with local Aboriginal community-controlled health services
- Skilling doctors to close the gap
- Supporting Indigenous Intern pathways
With our rural and regional health services, we:
- Jointly present medical recruitment webinars and highlight training opportunities in North Queensland, particularly in areas of need
- Provide dedicated project support for funding submissions and accreditation projects to create new training positions
- Support health professionals with targeted training and supervisor workshops
Email email@example.com to discuss any of these activities.
NQRTH is an initiative of the Australian Government's Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP) and is facilitated by James Cook University in partnership with public and private hospitals, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC), health services, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and GP clinics.
(07) 4226 8187
Central West region
(07) 4764 1547
(07) 4885 7122
North West region
(07) 4764 1547
Torres and Cape region
(07) 4095 6103
(07) 4781 3424