Your Pathway into Vascular Surgery training in North Queensland
- Australia or New Zealand permanent resident or citizen
- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY2
- Completion of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) Hand Hygiene Learning Module
- Completed the RACS “Operating with Respect” eLearning module
- Completion of the Generic Surgical Sciences exam
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
Total: 5 years (full-time) sequential training in Vascular Surgery
How To Apply
Applicants must register their intention to apply with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS).
In addition to the RACS generic eligibility criteria, further selection criteria for application and selection to Vascular Surgery is made through the Australia and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website aims to assist medical students and doctors in training with medical career planning. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is current and accurate, all details should be verified through the relevant Specialist College.
NQRTH is an initiative of the Australian Government's Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP) and is facilitated by James Cook University in partnership with public and private hospitals, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC), health services, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and GP clinics.