- Australia or New Zealand permanent resident or citizen
- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY2
- Completion of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) Hand Hygiene Learning Module
- Completed the RACS “Operating with Respect” eLearning module
- Completion of the Generic Surgical Sciences exam
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
6 years (full-time) sequential training in Urology
How to apply for a specialist training position in Urology
Applicants who wish to apply for the SET Program in Urology must register in accordance with the RACS Policy available on the RACS website. Applicants must be registered before they can lodge an application for the SET Program. Applications must be submitted via the urology online application form accessible from the USANZ website.
Applicants must register their intention to apply with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS).
In addition to the RACS generic eligibility criteria, further selection criteria for application and selection to Urology is made through the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand.
Get your guide to help map your Urology training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Urology, please contact us.