- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY3
- Citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Completion of the Australian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians (ACSEP) Entrance Examination
- Complete foundation training: three years of general medical and surgical experience since graduation from an undergraduate medical degree.
It is recommended that trainees spend time in following posts:
- General Medical Unit
- Accident and Emergency Unit
- An orthopaedic service dealing mainly in sports medicine related orthopaedics or trauma
- Refer to the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
4 years (full-time)
> Maximum of 4 years in one training post
How to apply for a specialist training position in Sport and Exercise Medicine
Applicants who have met all of the perquisites for the Sport and Exercise Medicine Training Program will be asked to complete an Application Form and populate their CV in an ACSEP predefined CV template. Applicants apply directly to the College to gain entry into the training program.
Get your guide to help map your Sport and Exercise Medicine training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Sport and Exercise Medicine, please contact us.