- General medical registration
- Completion of two full years postgraduate supervised training in general medical and surgical areas
- Employment in an appropriate Advanced Training position
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians for further information in relation to selection into the training program
Total Training Time
4 years (full-time)
- Minimum of 36 months core training
- Maximum of 12 months non-core training
How to apply for a specialist training position in Rehabilitation Medicine (General)
Applicants must apply directly the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, once they have secured an accredited training position.
The QLD RMO campaign runs a centralised matching process for some available positions. In addition applicants are encouraged to register their interest with the local supervisor at the site they wish to be considered for. A list of sites recruiting through the QLD RMO campaign and independently can be found on the QLD RMO campaign website.
Get your guide to help map your Rehabilitation Medicine (General) training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Rehabilitation Medicine (General), please contact us.