Your Pathway into Psychiatry training in North Queensland
- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY1
- Refer to the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
Total: minimum 5 years (full-time)
- 12 months (full-time) Stage 1 Basic level adult psychiatry (includes 6 months in an acute setting)
- 24 months (full-time) Stage 2 Proficient level rotations
- 24 months (full-time) Stage 3 Advanced level rotations
How To Apply
Queensland Health Directors of Hospital and Health Services in conjunction with the Queensland Branch Training Committee (QBTC) and Office of Postgraduate Training in Psychiatry (PGT) oversee Psychiatry training rotation placements into Queensland facilities, and successful completion of the program allows trainees eligibility to become Fellows of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists RANZCP. Applicants must complete the Preference form to be submitted to Postgraduate Training in Psychiatry (PGT) at the same time as completing and submitting an online RMO application through the Resident Medical Officer (RMO) campaign.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website aims to assist medical students and doctors in training with medical career planning. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is current and accurate, all details should be verified through the relevant Specialist College.
NQRTH is an initiative of the Australian Government's Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP) and is facilitated by James Cook University in partnership with public and private hospitals, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC), health services, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and GP clinics.