- Australia or New Zealand permanent resident or citizen
- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY2
- Completion of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) Hand Hygiene Learning Module
- Completed the RACS “Operating with Respect” eLearning module
- Completion of the Generic Surgical Sciences exam
Paediatric Surgery Specialty Specific Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum duration of 26 weeks in a surgery rotation within the last three years of application
- Minimum duration of 10 weeks in a paediatric surgery rotation in a tertiary paediatric surgical unit within the last five years
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
a sequential curriculum conducted over 7 years (full-time)
- Early SET: 3 years (full-time) training (including 12 months in Paediatric surgery and 24 months of Operative Surgery)
- Mid and Late SET: 4 years (full-time) in accredited speciality Paediatric Surgical Training posts
How to apply for a specialist training position in Paediatric Surgery
Registration, selection and application for training in Paediatric Surgery training can only be submitted via the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) online application system.
In addition to the RACS generic eligibility criteria, further selection criteria for application and selection to Paediatric Surgery is available on the RACS website.
Get your guide to help map your Paediatric Surgery training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Paediatric Surgery, please contact us.