- General medical registration
- A resident of Australia or New Zealand
- Dental degree with full registration as a dentist in Australia or New Zealand
- 12 months full-time equivalent of General Surgery whilst occupying a post in a hospital that is approved for surgical training
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS) for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
4 years (full-time)
How to apply for a specialist training position in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Applications are made directly to the Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS). The RACDS Board of Studies will issue an application for eligibility for Surgical Training positions. All information required must be submitted to the College by the published deadline.
Get your guide to help map your Oral Maxillofacial Surgery training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, please contact us.