- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY2
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- Refer to the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
6 years (full-time)
Training is comprised of:
- Core Training Program: 4 years
- Advanced Training Program: 2 years
How to apply for a specialist training position in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Selection to the Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG) Training Program occurs annually in Australia and New Zealand. Prospective trainees applying to the FRANZCOG training program need to submit an application through RANZCOG and also apply to the Queensland Health Resident Medical Officer (RMO) campaign to be issued an employment contract with your allocated Queensland Health facility. Please refer to the Queensland Health preferencing guide for more information.
Get your guide to help map your Obstetrics & Gynaecology training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, please contact us.