Your Pathway into Neonatology training in North Queensland
- Completion of Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) Basic Paediatrics, including the RACP written and clinical examinations
- Employment in an appropriate Advanced Training position
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians for further information in relation to selection into the training program
Total Training Time
Total: 6 years (full-time)
Basic Paediatric and Child Health: 36 months (full-time)
- Minimum of 24 months (full-time)
- Core training (including a minimum of nine months General Paediatric Medicine, three months Paediatric Emergency Medicine, three months Neonatology in a perinatal unit, and three months in a paediatric medical speciality)
- Maximum of 12 months (full-time) non-core training
Advanced Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine: 36 months (full-time)
- 24 months (full-time) core training (including 18 months in perinatal care and 6 months in a neonatal centre with major surgery)
- 12 months (full-time) non-core training
How To Apply
Applicants will first need to complete Queensland Basic Paediatric Training.
Applicants who are on or have applied to be selected onto Advanced Training Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine Training must complete the online through the Resident Medical Officer (RMO) Campaign.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website aims to assist medical students and doctors in training with medical career planning. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is current and accurate, all details should be verified through the relevant Specialist College.
NQRTH is an initiative of the Australian Government's Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP) and is facilitated by James Cook University in partnership with public and private hospitals, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC), health services, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and GP clinics.
(07) 4226 8187
Central West region
(07) 4764 1547
(07) 4885 7122
North West region
(07) 4764 1547
Torres and Cape region
(07) 4095 6103
(07) 4781 3424