- Completion of PGY3
- Current general or specialist medical registration in Australia or New Zealand
- A minimum of three years of full-time clinical experience involving direct patient care
- A medical management position, this may be a training post or a substantive position that will allow the candidate to develop the appropriate medical management competencies
- Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
3 years (full-time)
Fulfilment of each of the following 3 components:
- Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA) training program
- University Masters degree
- Supervised workplace training
How to apply for a specialist training position in Medical Administration
Applicants must apply for the Fellowship Training Program (FTP) with RCMA and complete their Queensland Health preferencing. In Step 10 preferences section, choose Medical Administration as the first preferenced specialty.
Get your guide to help map your Medical Administration training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Medical Administration, please contact us.