- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY2
- Citizen of Australia or New Zealand or a permanent resident of Australia
- Registered or eligible for registration with Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- Refer to the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
5 years (full-time)
- 6 months (full-time) introductory training
- 18 months (full-time) basic training
- 24 months (full-time) advanced training
- 12 months (full-time) provisional fellowship training
How to apply for a specialist training position in Anaesthetics
Queensland Anaesthetic Rotational Training Scheme (
Application to ANZCA is also required. Please refer to ANZCA's Application and registration website.
Get your guide to help map your Anaesthetics training pathway in northern Queensland:
Find out more about Queensland-specific workforce demographics and specialty information.
If you would like to get more information on training in Anaesthetics, please contact us.