Your Pathway into Anaesthetics training in North Queensland
- General medical registration
- Completion of PGY2
- Citizen of Australia or New Zealand or a permanent resident of Australia
- Registered or eligible for registration with Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- Refer to the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists for further information on selection and/or eligibility
Total Training Time
Total: 5 years (full-time)
- 6 months (full-time) introductory training
- 18 months (full-time) basic training
- 24 months (full-time) advanced training
- 12 months (full-time) provisional fellowship training
How To Apply
Queensland Anaesthetic Rotational Training Scheme (
Application to ANZCA is also required. Please refer to ANZCA's Application and registration website.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website aims to assist medical students and doctors in training with medical career planning. While every effort has been made to ensure the information is current and accurate, all details should be verified through the relevant Specialist College.
NQRTH is an initiative of the Australian Government's Integrated Rural Training Pipeline (IRTP) and is facilitated by James Cook University in partnership with public and private hospitals, Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (QAIHC), health services, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) and GP clinics.